One of Konya's Most Famous Soups: Ovmaç Soup
Ovmaç Soup is a unique and delicious dish from Konya's cuisine. Ovmaç Soup is a perfect example of how traditional cuisine uses simple ingredients to create a flavorful meal.
- 1 cup of green lentils
- 6 cups of broth
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 dessertspoon of mint
- 1 dessertspoon of salt
- To make the soup: Spread 1 cup of flour on the tray. Sprinkle water with one hand and rub the flour with your other hand. Make grains like noodle grains and strain. Separate large grains and add to the soup.
- Boil the lentil in advance and put it on the stove with broth.
- When the broth begins to boil, slowly add the dough you prepared. Add slowly to avoid lumps.
- Add salt and mint just before taking it off the stove.
- Spread the butter fried with red pepper after taking it off the stove.
Note: It is a type of soup made in Konya cuisine, especially to use the dough left after making bread or pastry.