It welcomes its visitors
in all its glory on the northeast-facing foothills of the Sultan Mountains.
Doğanhisar is located 122 kilometers from the city center of Konya. The
district, which carries traces of Roman and Byzantine history, is the focus of
tourists who are interested in the evolution processes of History. For those
who want to witness the turning points of civilizations, many historical artifacts
are exhibited in open areas in Doğanhisar.
Known as "Metyos" in 500 BCE, Doğanhisar came under the rule of the Byzantines in 395 BCE and attracted the Umayyad and Abbasid armies with its wealth. Having met the magnificence of the Seljuks with the Battle of Manzikert in 1071, Doğanhisar was called the "Doğan Castle" referring to the falcon bird, the emblem of the Seljuks and it has taken its current name over the years. The district, where tourists who are interested in the pastoral lifestyle will find peace, is looking forward to opening its doors to its guests who have never visited before.
Doğanhisar has a cultural heritage of 2500 years in total. It is very rich in terms of proverbs, idioms, local dialect, clothing, food, death-birth, wedding-festival, mawlid-blessed night traditions, folk songs, mani (chansonette), prayers, curses, legends, lullabies, nursery rhymes, folk dances, folk tales, tales, nicknames, traditions, and local cultural beliefs. There are 14th and 15th century hymns and odes in the field of literature, folk songs sung for the veterans and martyrs of the First World and Independence Wars, and the Mevlidi Sherif of Hacı İzzet Hoca from recent history.
Local cuisine traditional consists of şepit bread (yufka) and gombe (loaf) with bulgur pilaf soup, pataşı (potato stew), akböçe (white beans), chickpeas, lentils, ilana (cabbage), leeks, spinach, burghul salad, gölle, gafete bulgurlaması (pilaf with green tomato) It consists of dishes such as (sky tomato with rice), yeşilli-borani (spinach type), sışmaş (boiled green beans), mumbar, sası sulu pilav, pickles and molasses.
It is a pointed arched street fountain located in the center of Koçaş village. The fountain, whose water is still flowing, was built with spolia material and its original architecture has been damaged by the repairs it has undergone over time. According to the inscription on the ornamental slab, it was built by a benevolent scholar named Ahmet Reşit Efendi in 1275/1858-59.
Just before the Law of Unification of Education enacted in 1924, there were five madrasas in Doğanhisar. These are:
Tokluoğlu Madrasa: It was in Harman Neighborhood, where Cumhuriyet Primary School is located now.
Hacı Ahmet Efendi/Sandıklı Madrasa: It was to the west of the current Municipal Wedding Hall, on the right side of Ali Stream, opposite Halil Şıvgın Park.
Hacı İzzet Efendi Madrasa: It was located in Kuz Neighborhood. Hacı İzzet Efendi is a saint about whom many legends are told, and he rests at the foot of Hacı Veyiszade in Konya Üçler Cemetery.
Halil İbrahim Hoca Madrasa: It was in the garden in front of Halil İbrahim Hoca's house in the northern part of the Saray Yakası. Currently, only the cornerstones have survived.
Feyzullah Efendi Madrasa: It is named after Feyzullah Efendi, who is said to have come from the Kılıçarslan dynasty.